In our House pasta is one of our favourite things to cook and one of my other favourite things is when my husband cooks and this is definitely one of his specialties!
There’s just something about a man who know how to cook! So sexy!
Penne with Vodka Sauce
5 ounces pancetta bacon, diced (use more if you like)
1 small sprig fresh rosemary
3 cups of marinara sauce
½ cup Vodka
½ cup heavy whipped cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
Penne (whatever kind you like)
- Cook bacon and rosemary sprig with the olive oil in a large Skillet on medium heat. Cook the bacon until the fat renders and the bacon is cooked but no crisp. Sometimes lower the heat a little to do this. Pour in the vodka and stand back to avoid any flare ups. You can now raise the heat a little until the vodka reduces in the pan.
- Pour the heavy cream into the skillet and stir, and add pepper to liking. Once the sauce is boiling a little, reduce the heat and keep stirring until it has reduced, about 4 minutes. Mix the marinara sauce in and simmer on low heat for 20 min to let the flavors blend.
- In a large pot bring some salted water to a boil, and stir in the penne. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, drain and return to pot. Pour the sauce in the pot and give it a good stir. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving. Serve and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- You can use premade marinara sauce from the store or make as follows.
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 can of crushed tomatoes (16 ounce)
½ red wine
8 fresh basil leaves, diced
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of butter
- heat oil and butter in a large non stick skillet on low heat. Stir as to not burn the butter, add the garlic, add tomatoes, wine, water, salt and sugar. Once all the ingredients are mixed turn heat up to just above medium and bring to a boil. Once boiling and stirring for a few minutes, lower the heat and simmer and cover for 20 min. Please continue to stir until the heat is down or you will burn. Add the basil