Can I be honest with you guys?
Do you know why I started this business?
I love my family and I love gatherings! I love dressing up and entertaining it’s really the spice of life for me!
But something got lost in my business pursuit…..
In the last 2 years I got myself on every sales Chanel imaginable I had a warehouse shopping all my unit and a marketing team! I thought it would be a dream ☁️ well it was more of a nightmare!
I lost my creativity!
I was told I was too old to model I should only have my daughter model, how to do my designs,and How to do my pictures. I began to hate my business all together. It no longer looked like me or what I had planned! It was exhausting trying to please the critics!
I had to ask myself do I want to make a living or really live…..
So for the last 6 months I’ve been working my way back to the beginning with passion and creativity! And I’m so happy to be back doing what I love best!
In our House pasta is one of our favourite things to cook and one of my other favourite things is when my husband cooks and this is definitely one of his specialties!
There’s just something about a man who know how to cook! So sexy!
Penne with Vodka Sauce
5 ounces pancetta bacon, diced (use more if you like)
1 small sprig fresh rosemary
3 cups of marinara sauce
½ cup Vodka
½ cup heavy whipped cream
2 tablespoons olive oil
Penne (whatever kind you like)
- Cook bacon and rosemary sprig with the olive oil in a large Skillet on medium heat. Cook the bacon until the fat renders and the bacon is cooked but no crisp. Sometimes lower the heat a little to do this. Pour in the vodka and stand back to avoid any flare ups. You can now raise the heat a little until the vodka reduces in the pan.
- Pour the heavy cream into the skillet and stir, and add pepper to liking. Once the sauce is boiling a little, reduce the heat and keep stirring until it has reduced, about 4 minutes. Mix the marinara sauce in and simmer on low heat for 20 min to let the flavors blend.
- In a large pot bring some salted water to a boil, and stir in the penne. Cook for about 10-12 minutes, drain and return to pot. Pour the sauce in the pot and give it a good stir. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving. Serve and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- You can use premade marinara sauce from the store or make as follows.
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 can of crushed tomatoes (16 ounce)
½ red wine
8 fresh basil leaves, diced
1 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of butter
- heat oil and butter in a large non stick skillet on low heat. Stir as to not burn the butter, add the garlic, add tomatoes, wine, water, salt and sugar. Once all the ingredients are mixed turn heat up to just above medium and bring to a boil. Once boiling and stirring for a few minutes, lower the heat and simmer and cover for 20 min. Please continue to stir until the heat is down or you will burn. Add the basil
Sunday afternoons eating this pasta sipping our wine watching the OC is one my favourite way to enjoy a Sunday afternoon with my Sister Gigi and my daughter Hayley!
It was our serendipitous discovery when we found ourselves with nothing but a can of tomatoes and capellini in the cupboard. Its so easy and quick! More time to enjoy catching up with the Cohen’s and fantasizing I live in Newport Beach….
1 Large can of stewed tomatoes
4-5 cloves of garlic
a small package of capellini
Crushed Chilli peppers
In a deep saucepan fry onions and garlic when tender add crushed stewed tomatoes and a pinch of sugar in pan, once capellini is cooked add to the sauce. Thats it your finished!
Top with crushed chilli flakes and parm it makes the dish!
I think even Sandy would approve and lets face Kirsten would love wine on a Sunday afternoon!
This is one of my favourite things to always have in my cupboard to make for dinner. It takes 15 min to make and the kids love it. So on those nights where I’ve been super busy I love whipping up a big batch of this! And a great plus this dinner is under 20$
Large can of tomato sauce
1 small onion
Garlic I use 3-4 cloves
My favourite pasta choice is Cappeletti garofalo or as my kids call it the ears pasta
Directions are simples sauté onions and garlic in olive oil when tender add the tomato sauce simmer until hot then slowly add the whipping cream to your own liking we like ours pretty creamy! Add your pasta and voila! pour your favourite wine (mine is JLor) and enjoy!
Refreshing and light salad that is perfect poolside with a strawberry margarita!
Toss spring mix with strawberries, walnuts, goat cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette! So simple and easy you’ll have plenty of time to lounge by the pool
Fiona and Leslie are way to cute cooking us friendsgiving in their floral aprons!